Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
One hour away from the twenty20 finals and I still can’t believe we made it there. I had little doubt we’d even make it close to the semis - I thought the team was all wrong, the itinerary was claustrophobic, the bowling was weak, the fielding was lost, the board was asleep, and there was no coach. Enough reason to believe it was a lost cause. And yet, despite all of the above, and more, here we are. So win or lose today, I won’t crib. For a change I have no reason too.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
For some weird reason she prefers our yard to the landlord’s. They have a lovely garden; it's full of flowers, and fruits and birds. They even have a special cat area built for her, in case she gets locked out in the rains. And of course they like her.
Our yard is still new. It's still growing, which means it's just a bit of grass and a few flowers. It doesn't fit the bill of a fun hang out place for a cat. But Spooky is here everyday. The garden is right outside my study. And Spooky is always in my yard. So I spend most of my afternoons staring at her. I don’t think she likes me very much. Or the flowers. Or the grass. She keeps attacking the flowers. She snalrs at the grass. And if she spots me at the window, she flays her paws and brandishes her little pointy teeth, and makes weird scary sounds.
She is always lurking around, looking like she'd love a fight. Some afternoons I see her just jumping around, looking mad. She used to bring a friend along, till a while back. But not anymore. Either he ditched her, or she's killed him. Killed him makes more sense. Like I said, she is spooky.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Ajit Agarkar is in
- Keep all heavy objects as far away from the couch as possible. Remember, Agarkar will not buy you a new TV set.
- Keep your fingers (and fingernails) away from your eyes, hair and veins. Gouged eyes are hard to replace, and Agarkar will not help you find new hair. He doesn’t care for torn veins either.
- If you’re pregnant: Woman Please! Don’t do this to your unborn child! And more importantly don't you know the wee baby will make you pay for it during labour.
- If you have kids - Protect them. Shield them. There is time to save them yet!
- If you have a weak heart, this will be considered as a suicide attempt, and that is a criminal offence.
- Visit your doctor before the game. Get a prescription for sedatives. Ask the doctor to get one too.
- Practice before the game. Watch reruns of the
- Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts.
- If all else fails blame the ISI. Or Bush. Or the Left. Or Salman Khan.
People of India unite in therapy.
Update: Zimbabwe just beat Australia! Zimbabwe!! I love it! I love it! I love it!